Ah Valentine's Day. The overpriced prix fixe meal (with "complementary" glass of champagne), the long lines at the florist, the impending tooth decay. But, dear readers, if you feel like you're missing out, if you were left without a valentine this year, perhaps you should read this perceptive and worldly dating advice from a nine-year old "love guru." Meanwhile we present the all-heart edition of your weekend roundup, so don't ever say we don't show how much we care.
- Barron's hearts JNJ (via Reuters).
- Medtronic CEO William Hawkins hearts talking his way into business school, advancing medical technology, and Duke basketball, he tells the NYT.
- GSK hearts rebuilding its image with cheap meds for 50 developing countries.
- Sanofi CEO Chris Viehbacher hearts GSK's model, says the FT, and that makes sense, says Viehbacher, because he helped shape the model. Oh and crab salad.
- Thoratech Corp. hearts HeartWare, HeartWare investors heart $282 million, and it's a match made in LVAD heaven.